The professional choice for PERMANENT paint protection.
You read it right. Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is a permanent coating that protects automotive paint over its lifetime! Unlike a wax or sealant, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 will not wash or wear off. It acts as a second layer of clear coat which provides increased protection against the elements. Formerly only available to professionals, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is now available to the public in a more user-friendly formula.
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is a clear resin coating, much like the clear coat that already exists on your vehicle. And just like your factory clear coat, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is meant to be permanent! Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 can be applied to all exterior surfaces. It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect visibility. For other exterior surfaces, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is a highly effective, transparent protective coating.
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 can be applied to:
- painted surfaces
- plastic trim
- aluminum & chrome surfaces
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is an additional barrier between the elements and your vehicle's paint. The paint will retain its color and contaminants will be blocked out to keep the paint smooth and clean. Unlike waxes and paint sealants that require frequent reapplication, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 provides constant, unyielding protection for the life of your vehicle's finish!
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 was modified slightly from the original professional formula. (The pro version is still available under the Opti-Guard name.) Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 cures more slowly, which gives you more time to apply the coating correctly.
Because Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is permanent, the paint finish has to be properly prepared before applying it. Any blemishes or contamination on the paint will be permanently locked in so remove them first! On a properly prepared paint finish, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 will look clear, smooth, and clean.
Note: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is not to be confused with other waxes, sealants or nano-coatings, this is different. Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 uses a resin technology that forms a permanent bond to paint and cures, just like an extra layer of clear coat.
Once Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 cures, washing is the only maintenance needed to keep your vehicle looking fantastic. The coating can be clayed but it should not be necessary since Opti-Coat 2.0 releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays as desired to intensify the gloss. You can also use Optimum Poli-Seal by hand or with dual action polisher with a foam finishing pad to clean the paint over time.
Say goodbye to waxing! Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 provides permanent paint protection to keep your vehicle looking its best indefinitely!
- Polish paint to remove any defects.
- Clean surface with 15% IPA solution to remove all polishing oils, waxes, and silicones.
- Prime the applicator by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops will be needed for each subsequent panel.
- Wipe Opti-Coat onto a single panel at a time in a thin layer using two directions, front to back, and then side to side.
- Within 5 minutes, inspect the panel with adequate lighting looking for any thick areas that have not flashed away to clear.
- Use foam applicator or paint safe microfiber to even out any areas where you see streaks. This step is key, as any spots not leveled will have to be polished if allowed to cure. Panels will feel a bit tacky and will be self-leveling during cure time, so avoid any unnecessary touching, wiping, or contact to produce the best results.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each panel where application is desired. Not recommended for glass.
Due to the unique formulation of this product, we ask that you acknowledge that you have read and understand the application and purpose of Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 before purchasing it.